The National College of Midwifery's next board meeting to take place on Sunday, January 12, 2014 in Albuquerque, NM
Earn a degree in Direct Entry Midwifery through our MEAC Accredited college without walls.
- Our self-paced, flexible, apprenticeship-based programs are adaptable to the needs of the individual student or preceptor.
- Students study in their own community or create a study plan that allows them to travel to other cities or countries.
- Comprehensive academic and clinical program prepares students for state licensure and/or national certification.
- Students begin their program whenever they are ready with our Rolling Enrollment January through October.
- Our program supports both students in one-on-one apprenticeships and students in larger group study placements.
- Applicable transfer credits accepted from accredited colleges.
NCM's ASM (Associate of Science in Midwifery) is our program that actually teaches midwifery and prepares students for state licensure and/or national certification.
NCM's BSM is a Bridge program has midwifery certification or licensure as a prerequisite.
NCM's MSM & PhD are research-based and have midwifery certification or licensure as a prerequisite.
Please view individual program overviews by clicking on the menu items at the left
The National College of Midwifery is pleased to announce that Jennifer (Jenny) West has been selected as President.
Jenny worked closely with Elizabeth Gilmore in 1994 as a preceptor and practicing midwife at the Northern New Mexico Midwifery Center in Taos. She helped Elizabeth with developing curriculum for NCM, and assisted her during the first MEAC accreditation site visit.